What it means to be a Mumbaikar!
I have never posted an email forward before but I liked this one:-
THINGS THAT PROVE YOU’RE A BOMBAYITE or A MUMBAIKAR:-
1. You say “town ” and expect everyone to know that this means south of Churchgate.
2. You speak in a dialect of Hindi called ‘Bambaiya Hindi’, which only Bombayites can understand.
3. Rs 500 worth of groceries fit in one paper bag.
4. Train timings (9.27, 10.49 etc) are really important events of life.
5.You call an 8′ x 10′ clustered room a Hall.
6. You’re paying Rs 10,000 for a 1 room flat, the size of walk-in closet and you think it’s a “steal.”
7. You have the following sets of friend: school friends, college friends, neighborhood friends, office friends and yes, train friends, a species unique only in Bombay.
8. Cabbies and bus conductors think you are from Mars If you call the roads by their Indian name, they are more familiar with Warden Road, Peddar road, Altamount Road
9. Hookers, beggars and the homeless are invisible.
10. You compare Bombay to New York ‘s Manhattan instead of any other cities of India.
11. Your idea of personal space is no one actually standing on your toes.
12. Being truly alone makes you nervous.
Related Viewing: A photo-essay of a traffic signal in Mumbai
An aerial view of Mumbai city
A slide show of a sunset in Mumbai
A few Mumbai landmarks
A few more Mumbai snapshots with information about real estate prices
View all posts filed under the category of Photography
View all posts filed under the category of SlideShows