Top Posts and a blog break
I am moving homes and hence will be away for at least 10 days, maybe more. Although my new home is not far from my present one, and in fact is in the same neighborhood, there are a lot of things that need to be done and I am going to take a break from my internet life for a while. I am going to miss it badly, but no choice really.
Before taking off I thought I would just note down some posts of the past. I have categorised stuff under two different headings – most commented on posts and my favourite posts. I have picked posts with 80+ comments. Usually I do not get this many comments.
Most commented on posts of 2oo8:
- Are converts accepted in Hinduism? – 82 comments
- Is our language divide the biggest divide of all? 99 comments
- Non-vegetarians get a raw deal in Mumbai? 105 comments
- Do local Mumbaikars resent ‘outsiders’? 269 comments
- A major newspaper steals a blogger’s photograph!! 140 comments
- Will English dominate India in another fifty years? 163 comments
- American or British English? – 134 comments.
- Arranged marriage vis-à-vis a love marriage – which is better? – 84 comments
- SIMI and Bajrang Dal – can they be compared? – 80 comments
- The public smoking ban should not go up in smoke – 82 comments
- Why show sympathy to the terror accused in the Malegaon blasts? – 98 comments
- Give some credit to Maharashtra – 164 comments
Interestingly, my most read movie review of 2008 was that of the movie Aamir
My favourite posts of 2oo8
- The difference between Nationalism and Patriotism
- Some excellent hundred year old diets!
- Molestation: Reasons and some solutions
- Are (or were) Meghalaya and Kerala matriarchal societies?
- What’s your society’s badge of honour?
- Naxalism – some reasons and some solutions
- Dangers of eating newsprint
- Let us not be ashamed of our clotheslines
- The world will be of mixed race one day
- Why weren’t large mammals exterminated in India like they were in many parts of the world?
- Academic Intelligence is related to Emotional Intelligence
- Sleeping late doesn’t mean you are lazy!
- Is crime decreasing in the big cities of the world?
- Ability and Academic Merit – what’s the difference?
- Do top management deserve their high salaries?
- Gay parents and heterosexual parents – any difference?
- Is voting for a political party better than voting for the candidate?
- A new voting era in India?
- Some tips from someone caught in the Mumbai terror attacks
So this is adieu, but only for a while! Hope to be back with some interesting posts, and not about the travails of moving I promise!