Summary Post and Tags
No reason for violence As if it wasn’t shocking enough to hear that a group of agitating workers bludgeoned to death the chief executive (Lalit Kishore Chaudhury) of Graziano Trasmissioni, India’s labour minister declined to criticize the attack, saying it “should serve as a warning for management…Here is something that went unnoticed, an ugly little speech by Finance Minister P. Chidambaram…these ministers epitomize what is wrong with India today…
Welcome to Sajjanpur – Movie Review I was expecting more from Shyam Benegal. I found the movie quite “bollywood” – not only was the story contrived, there were too many songs and even two dream sequences…Everything is authentic, the rustic characters, the scenery, the slice of life sequences…that is the charm of the movie…The story is about Mahadev, the letter-writer of Sajjanpur…During the course of his work he comes across interesting people and becomes privy to their secrets…This gives the director an opportunity to show us fascinating vignettes of people and even if it doesn’t go into making a coherent plot…
Financial Sector tremors and the effect on fresh graduates The world of finance has been shaken by the bankruptcy of Lehman Brothers…While all this will directly affect those employed in these companies and those with business interests in these firms, it’s going to impact campus hopefuls in a big way…fresh graduates will not rake in the kind of moolah their predecessors did, not in finance companies anyway…It’s not just the question of some prominent recruiters not showing up on campus as their companies have gone bust. It’s also the question of a large pool of experienced talent which is now out of a job…
Muslims turning away from terrorism but the world is against them Surveys have shown that there has been a continuous decline of support for Osama Bin Laden and his brand of politics in Muslim countries…The latest survey from Pew Global has confirmed the growing opposition to suicide attacks in Muslim countries. The killing of innocents by terrorists has created a disgust for them in the mind of Muslims but unfortunately the killing of innocents by terrorists has created a hostility towards Muslims…
Suburban Life had an interesting tag…she asked her readers to fish out an old photo, preferably a couple of decades old, but not just any old photo. A photograph that shows the real person and taken when the person was unaware.
For me my identity as “Aai” has been of a major part of my adult life. Today this identity is changing as my first born is now living on her own and working at her first job. I am very proud of her as she is only 22 years old.
(photo now deleted)
Reema and Roop. They have to publish a photograph on their blog which was taken about 10 years ago.
I tag Shefaly, or rather challenge her to publish the photograph that she talked about in this post.
I tag Rambodoc to publish a photo of his when he was in medical college.
I tag Vishesh, even though 10 years ago he must have been a kid in shorts!
All these photographs need to be candid photos. No posed for photos. That is the RULE of this tag. If you have no photo like this, or are too shy to publish it, you are welcome to skip this tag. Those who do this tag can tag another five people.
Sharad tagged me with this one.
1. If your lover betrayed you, what will your reaction be?
I will leave him.
2. if you can have a dream to come true, what would it be?
Being stranded on a desert island with my hubby.
3. What is your idea of a perfect date?
Just sitting in a secluded place, holding hands, and looking into each other’s eyes.
4. What would you do with a billion dollars?
Me and hubby will travel with some of it. The rest I might just donate!
5. Will you fall in love with your best friend?
I already have and am married to him.
6. Which is more blessed, loving someone or being loved by someone?
It’s always two ways, although ways of showing it are different.
7. How long do you intend to wait for someone you really love?
I don’t believe in waiting. True love doesn’t make you wait.
8. If the person you secretly like is already attached, what would you do?
I will look for someone else.
9. If you like to act with someone, who will it be? Your gf/bf or an actress/actor?
10. What’s your favorite love quote?
I don’t know about quotes, but love is forever.
11. How would you see yourself in ten years’ time?
Getting to spend more time with my husband, with less pressure of work.
12. Why are you doing this tag?
Because I am a blogger.
13. What kind of person do you think the person who tagged you is?
A simple guy but smart.
14. Would you rather be single and rich or married but poor?
Happily married, whether poor or rich doesn’t matter that much.
15. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?
With my eyes still closed, I feel the other side of the bed, to see if if my husband has got up.
16. Would you give all in a relationship?
17. If you fall in love with two people simultaneously, who would you pick?
I don’t believe in falling in love with two people at the same time. That’s not love.
18. Would you forgive and forget, no matter how horrible a thing that special someone has done?
Ofcourse, as long as his love and faithfulness to me is intact.
19. If you get to go back in time and fall in love all over again, would it still be with the same person?
Yes. In any case, love just happens.
Thank you all for reading to the end!